new blog

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hello all. If there's anyone reading this thing with any regularity, I just wanted to give you a heads up that I am pseudo-switching over to a new blog. I say "pseudo" because I will still be kind of keeping up with this one. I'll break it down by explaining the two purposes of the two blogs:

Vintage Silhouette will now only be used for "inspiration". This is where I'll post clothes, shoes, and accessories that I like. I may throw a weekend outfit or two in sometimes as well.

Nerd Clothes is my new blog. Found at www.nerdclothes.tumblr.com. I'll be posting my daily wear there. I decided to start the new blog because I've graduated college and started a "real" job. My clothing needs have changed somewhat - now, every day, I have to consider whether what I'm going to wear is office appropriate. Yes, most of the time my outfits are still vintage inspired, but sometimes they're more corporate than what I use to wear. So, this new blog will chronicle my working wardrobe only. (I work in IT, so effectively, I am a nerd, wearing clothes, hence "Nerd Clothes".)

Enjoy the transition! The new site is completely unstyled so far, so look forward to it becoming all fancy and stuff.

2 comments:

Emily Kennedy said...

OK, but there's nothing but a tiny test post at your new location. I thought I'd find a missing week's worth of outfit posts! Boo hoo...

All content [images and text] original, by Lauren Newman, unless otherwise credited.
Web design also by Lauren Newman. If you're interested in a custom theme, please contact vint4gesilhou3tte@gmail.com.