email subscription savings

Monday, January 11, 2010

Most major retail shops have their own websites, and many are, if they're not already, starting to offer email subscription newsletters full of savings, coupons, and online discount codes. If you haven't already signed up at your favorite stores, I highly suggest you do so. These are the ones that I'm currently subscribed to (I've also provided links to their sign up pages, if you're interested):




DSW
They send online discount codes, alerts about sales, and through snail-mail they send those "buy $XX.XX worth of stuff and get this great bag for free!" post cards. Also, if you're part of their member rewards program, you accumulate points when you buy things (and sometimes they send you notifications about double points) and when you get a certain amount of points they send you a $10 off any purchase coupon. I get a few emails every week.

Old Navy (scroll down to the bottom to the "sign up & save" form)
Usually their newsletters contain alerts about special savings. Occasionally you'll get a discount code. The real savings, though, are in their Weekly Special website, where you can try and find coupons for in store purchases. I usually get something in the mail from them at the beginning of the week every week. By signing up for Old Navy, you also get alerts about their other brands (Gap, Banana Republic, Athleta, and Piper Lime).

Alloy
If you sign up for their newletter, you'll be the first to know about their 80% off end of season clearance and get online discount codes. I'll usually get some kind of savings alert every week from them.

Kohls
First of all, for signing up you get a $5 coupon that you can use in store or online. They send savings alerts, and occasionally free shipping or discount codes. I don't get very many emails from them.

JC Penneys
Typically it's free shipping or a savings alert. Since they're a big retail chain, you're better off looking in your Sunday paper for in store coupons. I got a $10 coupon for signing up, and I get maybe two or three emails a month from them.

Target (scroll down to the bottom and find the "email exclusives" sign up box)
All I get from these guys are savings alerts, and some style tips. When I first signed up a few months ago, I use to get an email at least every Friday with "Frugalista" shopping tips, but now I don't get anything. Their online marketing campaign must have dropped off recently.

H&M
I actually just signed up today, so I can't really comment on these guys.

New York and Company
Through email they send savings alerts and discount codes for online purchases. The big savings here is the snail-mail coupons they send if you're a rewards member. I get emails maybe a few times a month, and coupons for "$25 off $75, $50 off $150, etc." every couple months.

Forever 21
I signed up for these guys because I heard a rumor that occasionally they send coupons, but so far all I've gotten are savings alerts maybe once a week. Now that they have a bunch of other "brands" like Heritage, Faith21, etc. I get alerts for those too.

Sometimes it's a hassle to clean up your inbox Monday morning (which is usually when they send out emails) after being inundated with newsletters, but the savings you find is totally worth it.

0 comments:

All content [images and text] original, by Lauren Newman, unless otherwise credited.
Web design also by Lauren Newman. If you're interested in a custom theme, please contact vint4gesilhou3tte@gmail.com.